A superstar’s mission
ZOOM Marketing’s seeking a superstar Online Content Specialist who can make ZOOM shine through engaging stories. This role is responsible for creating content across all touchpoints, driving home ZOOM’s expertise and brand. In addition to web site design and writing, this person will be responsible for crafting content that compel companies to hire us, including our introductory presentation, client video testimonials, social content and more. More than a creative role, this position requires a sharp mind and technical skills to develop and execute big ideas in a small team.
Key hats (or capes) worn
- Website: Update and maintain ZOOM’s website using WordPress. Update pages, create new ones, and create graphics to accompany content and pages.
- Marketing content: Write, produce and maintain assets that market ZOOM, such as client case studies, video testimonials, new business presentation, events and e-newsletter
- Social content: Develop an editorial calendar with snappy news and social media stories to keep ZOOM’s website and social media presence fresh and engaging. Write original ZOOM content and curate relevant content from other sources.
- Graphics: Produce branded graphics, including iconography and infographics, as well as edit photos for online use and client presentations. Maintain ZOOM’s graphics library.
- Branding: champion ZOOM’s brand, ensuring our voice and visuals are consistent across all touchpoints.
- Measure: Monitor and report social media and website metrics. Identify best practices that optimize clicks, engagement and SEO.
Superstar qualifications (we can dream)
- 1 year of professional experience, internships acceptable
- BA in English, Writing, Communications, Design, or related field
- Writing skills, proven creative communicator
- Working knowledge of WordPress and HTML/CSS
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of video production or willingness to learn – including shooting and editing with software such as Premiere, Avid, or Final Cut
- Understanding of Constant Contact or similar email marketing systems
- Understanding of social media, SEO and measuring results
- Understanding of layout, typography, graphic design and responsive design
- A team player who can work collaboratively and independently, delivering high-quality work with little supervision
- Able to listen and translate information into stories and compelling content
- Interested in discovering and repurposing relevant online content
- Ruthless in your attention to detail
- Organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Bursting with wit
Please email a cover letter, online portfolio or examples to email@example.com that highlights:
- Your Point That Matters and explanation for why you are the right person for the job
- Your portfolio of web, design, social and writing samples
- Your salary requirements
- Your availability to start and any planned time off
- Willingness to participate in a test project to showcase your design skills for ZOOM if you’re one of the final candidates
About ZOOM Marketing:
ZOOM Marketing helps high tech companies gain leadership through market positioning, differentiation and The Point That Matters. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto, near CalTrain. We offer an employee benefits package, a casual office environment, work-from-home-Fridays, and employee parking.